Bunn has become a reliable name in the coffee industry, with many of the brand’s coffee machines being used in hotels, restaurants, and various other food service establishments. The Bunn GRB Velocity Coffee Maker has been noted as the best Bunn coffee maker of 2021. However, your coffee maker may be in need of some cleaning, or it may fall victim to bacteria build-up or mineral deposits on the inside, even though the machine’s exterior looks spotless. To keep your coffee maker at its best, read on to find out how to clean Bunn coffee maker to preserve the quality of your coffee maker and coffee.
Why Your Coffee Maker Should Be Kept Clean
Keeping your Bunn coffee maker clean will help you avoid a variety of problems from occurring. Here is a list of benefits that you can gain from routinely cleaning your Bunn coffee maker:
Better Tasting Coffee
Make sure your coffee machine is producing the best coffee it can by keeping it clean. If your coffee maker is dirty, it may lead to a damaged internal thermometer. When this occurs, the temperature may not be hot enough and will result in a not-so-good cup of joe.
Long-Lasting and Proper Function
If your coffee machine falls prey to any build-up of mineral deposits or scaling, there may be a problem with the water flow. If there is a water flow back up, this may lead to issues with the machinery. When you have a cleaning schedule for your coffee maker, it will keep it running and functioning smoothly for a longer period of time, so you can save your machine from any obstacles that may occur.
Faster Brew Time
If your coffee machine is home to any mineral deposits or scaling, it may result in backed-up water flow. When the water flow is backed up, your coffee maker will produce a slower drip and thus will lead to a longer process of coffee making. Avoid the wait and clean your coffee machine to maintain a consistent flow of water and you’ll be on your way to fresh coffee in no time.
Heat and moisture are both key elements of how coffee makers brew coffee, making it a hotspot for any yeast, bacteria, or germs to grow and sometimes mold. Without proper machine care, this can lead to allergic reactions and infections.
How Can You Tell If Your Coffee Maker Is Dirty
Be sure to carefully inspect and examine your coffee maker for any signs that it may be time for some cleaning and maintenance. You can also keep a scheduled cleaning routine so you can guarantee that your coffee machine will always be spotlessly clean. Here are a few things to keep an eye out for, when determining when to clean your coffee machine:
- Your coffee doesn’t taste good
- You can hear and see that water is sputtering instead of it flowy into the carafe
- Your coffee maker is making less coffee than usual
- There’s a chalky material inside your machine
- It’s taking a long time to finish brewing your coffee
- You notice stains inside your coffee pot
How To Clean A Bunn Coffee Maker
Supplies You Will Need
- Soft cloths
- Unscented or mild dish detergent
- Spray nozzle cleaning tool
- Distilled water
- Make sure your machine is turned off so you don’t run into the risk of being electrocuted. This cleaning method will include water and there may also still be water left in the carafe or machine.
- Discard any coffee grounds and coffee filter. Be sure to rinse out the basket to get rid of any coffee grounds that may still be remaining.
- Wet a soft cloth with warm water and a little bit of unscented or mildly scented dish detergent. Wipe down the outside of the coffee machine and then take another soft cloth, dip it in water, and wipe down your machine to get rid of any soap.
- If you notice that there are brown rings in the carafe, it is completely normal. Just take a washcloth and wipe down the carafe before soaking it in some warm soapy water. Leave it to soak for a few hours, rinse it out, and then let it dry.
- Don’t forget to clean the spray nozzle, where the water comes from. You will need a small object, like a toothpick, to be able to get rid of any coffee grounds or mineral deposits. Once you’ve done so, get a cloth and then wipe the nozzle down with some mild dish soap and rinse with warm water.
- If your Bunn coffee maker has a plastic or metal device to clean the spray tube, just remove the brew funnel and spray nozzle first. Then you can insert the cleaning tool inside the tube in an up and down motion while rotating it. Once it’s cleaned, you can put the brew funnel and spray nozzle back together
How to Clean Bunn Coffee Maker: Conclusion
Follow this cleaning method every day or whenever your coffee maker is in use. Now that you know why and how to clean your Bunn coffee maker, you can enjoy all of the perks it has to offer for many more years to come.
Written by Sonam Choedon