Choosing a reliable, high-quality razor or beard trimmer can be difficult nowadays with hundreds of models from various companies to choose from. Everyone can agree that a good hair, beard, mustache, and body trimmer needs to be easily maneuverable, powerful, durable, and precise. All of the choices that earned a spot on this comprehensive list are premium-quality, trusted razors and trimmers used by many professional hair stylists on a regular basis. With these best beard trimmers, you can confidently and consistently give yourself a trim with precision that is sure to rival any hair salon or barber.
Best Beard Trimmers
1. Philips Norelco MG7750
The Philips Norelco MG7750 is by far one of the best all-purpose trimmers on the market and our number one pick for this list. This trimmer is comfortable, ergonomically built with high-quality stainless steel, and offers an even amount of power to take care of any shaving needs you may have. With 14 premium guiding combs, three different razer head widths for any surface, self sharpening blades, and even a nose hair trimmer, the MG7750 is extremely versatile and can make quick work of any unruly mess of hair.
- 23 piece trimmer for face, beard, head, and body.
- trimmer comes with an entirely metal motor and tempered steel reinforced drive train.
- DualCut technology provides two rows of self sharpening blades that each last as long as five years.
- Fiberglass reinforced cutting guards
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery delivers an average of five hours of shaving with each charge.
Sample Customer Review… This is by far the best body trimmer/razor beard trimmer I have ever bought. Very good quality and it feels nice in your hands. The blades are very sharp but you can get to the very sensitive areas of your body. I’m a male and I can trim in all the down under parts quickly and without pulling the hairs. I usually don’t make reviews but I have bought many of these trimmers and they have all sucked compared to this one. I would put this trimmer on its own level. Definitely professional style trimmer.Read more reviews at Amazon.com.
2. Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer Series 7200
This trimmer offers a clean shave while eliminating the need to deep clean your bathroom after each use. The Philips Norelco Series 7200 has an integrated vacuum that sucks up 90% of the loose hairs making this the perfect beard trimmer for anyone who shares a bathroom with someone else and often finds themselves cleaning up hair. This device charges quickly and offers around 80 minutes of cordless use on a single charge, making it a very smart choice of a trimmer to bring with you when traveling or on vacation.
- Features precision blades made from durable stainless steel.
- Comes with a built-in vacuum that cleans up loose hairs as you shave.
- Has a 0.5mm incremental radial dial for added precision.
- Product can be used for over 80 minutes without needing to be charged.
Sample Customer Review… Love it!! One the best and most versatile beard trimmers I’ve owned. I used to have the 7500 series All black one with the vacuum, but they stopped making it, and I found this 7200 series. This is up there with that one. I highly recommend this. I love the easily adjustable comb, I also buzz my hair with it, which makes it so easy to choose the length I want, then having to use my Wahl clippers and change those plastic guards, that can sometimes come loose… and cause a disaster. I’m a lifetime user of Phillips Norelco, well at least since I was able to grow facial fair.Read more reviews at Amazon.com.
3. Wahl Peanut 8655
The Wahl Peanut 8655 is a reliable tool that is less expensive and more powerful than its wireless counterparts. This trimmer has immense cutting power and is much smaller than many corded razors on the market, making it extremely easy to take with you on the go. The peanut delivers a close, consistent trim after years of use and requires little to no maintenance, making it a top pick across the board for professional hair stylists everywhere.
- built for smooth and precise trimming on thick, textured hair.
- More consistent and powerful than wireless hair trimmers.
- Built with durability in mind for years of use with minimal cleaning required.
- Trimmer is small, light, maneuverable, and designed for long-term and consistent use.
Sample Customer Review… Wahl Peanut, oh Wahl Peanut. Where were you all my life? Best beard trimmer I’ve ever owned. It doesn’t use one of those weak recharging batteries that all fail, eventually to hold a charge- it plugs into the wall with a long, heavy-gauge cable. Small size, comfy shape, and it shaves unexpectedly close – indeed I’ve never gotten a shave this close from any beard trimmer I’ve ever used. I’m 40. I have a full-size Wahl clipper that’s at least 16 years old. That’s a high standard to meet, but ill update this review if my Peanut dies prematurely or fails in any other way.Read more reviews at Amazon.com.
4. Oster Classic 76 Universal Clipper
Opting to use more plastic than its competitors, The Oster Classic Universal Clipper delivers the same clean, neat trim with each and every use while being way lighter than other trimmers. This Clipper is used by many barbers due to the fact that it is extremely lightweight and delivers a powerful output that is the same with each haircut regardless of hair texture or style. In fact, the Oster Classic is noted by barbers as being one of the leading trimmer choices for multicultural hair types because of its single-speed motor and reliable power and precision.
- Built with extra durable, break-resistant materials.
- Features sized 0 and 1 detachable blades.
- Motor is universal and single-speed for consistent and continuous use.
- Includes nine foot power supply cord housed with extremely durable plastic.
- Comes with plastic guards for increased maneuverability.
- Packaged with a cleaning brush, lubricating oil, clipper grease, and a blade guard.
Sample Customer Review… Love these Classic 76 clippers. They Cut hair like a hot butter knife going through butter. If you ever doubted the trimming capabilities of these and hesitant to buy, Forget the doubt and buy. Such a relief to cut so easily. I’m not a professional or occupational haircutter. I’m a father of two and cut my sons and my own hair with these. I also have an American Eskimo Dog who gets a lion cut every month. That’s 65$ each month I spent on her cuts. Since I always cut my own hair I now cut hers and spend the 65$ on taking kids out for a nice meal. Great purchase for both professionals and non-professional hair cutters. Just buy them already!!!Read more reviews at Amazon.com.
5. Andis Slimline Pro Li T-blade Trimmer
The Andis Slimline Pro T-blade Trimmer is the perfect pick for those who like to design their facial hair to perfection. Used as a primary detailer by many hair care experts, the Andis Slimline Pro is often recognized for its outstanding performance and exceptional durability after years of commercial use. This trimmer is unmatched when it comes to shaving perfectly straight lines and clean fades.
- Sleek, maneuverable, and lightweight design.
- Packaged with four premium-quality plastic guards.
- Ideal for precision touch ups and detailing.
- Creates neat, clean lines to accommodate most men’s hairstyles.
- Cuts all types and textures of facial hair with ease.
- Includes a lithium ion battery that lasts for two hours while running and takes only 15 minutes to fully charge.
- Equipped with unique T-blade and 120 volt rotary motor.
Sample Customer Review… I have searched for years to find a trimmer that gives a close, precision trim of my neckline and beard. After numerous purchases of other trimmers from Wahl, Norelco, and others I found the Andis SlimLine Pro. They were good right out of the box, but they were amazing after a zero-gap of the blades. These things cut so close you could practically shave with them. The size is just right for a trimmer with the blade width not too wide or too narrow. They run quiet and the battery life is good for a trimmer this size. Overall, the unit’s build quality is not as nice as some others but the blade quality more than makes up for that. If you want a trimmer that can cut closer than probably anything you have used so far get these.Read more reviews at Amazon.com.
6. Braun Multi Grooming Kit MGK5280
The Braun multi grooming kit is perfect for grooming any time or anywhere. This kit includes 9 different tools to trim, cut, or style.
- Wet & dry trimmer
- 9-in-1 trimmer tools
- 13 length settings
- AutoSensing motor
- The battery lasts for 100 minutes of trimming after 1 hour of charge
Sample Customer Review… I liked this right out of the box. The weight and balance were nice and many using it comfortably and precisely easy. The cutting head is a little wider than other beard trimmers I’ve had which I also liked, it made trimming faster. The Braun cuts clean and well and doesn’t pull at your beard. The different attachments work well for just about any beard and even your hair if you had a pretty limited style. One attachment covers what I’d consider most short beards and goatee lengths and is adjustable just by sliding that guide up and down. there is a smaller precision shaper that gives you very clean lines at the edges of your beard or lips. The other attachments generally are for longer beards. I’ve been using the trimmer on the first charge which was fast with the included charging cable and hasn’t run out of juice yet. Clean up is easy with the included brush and a quick swipe of the towel. I’ve owned half a dozen different trimmers over the past 20 years and this is by far my favorite. The razor and blades are a nice bonus but weren’t really an incentive for me to buy.Read more reviews at Amazon.com
7. Panasonic ER-GB80-S
This Panasonic beard all in 1 trimmer is perfect for face, head, body, hair styling or grooming!
- 45-degree angle trimmer
- Material: stainless steel, hypoallergenic blades
- Adjustable beard trimmer dial with 39 settings
- Clean the trimmer under warm running water
- Cordless/corded operation
- 50 minutes use with rechargeable battery power
- Includes three comb attachments, a cleaning brush, charger, and universal voltage for international travel (AC 100 240V) charging time 1 hour
- Max power consumption: 2 watts
Sample Customer Review… I have used a handful of beard trimmers over the years, and this one has become my favorite. I usually only end up using one type of guard for trimming my beard and body, so it is nice to have one quality guard that is easy to adjust. The plastic of the guard is very firm so the combs do not bend. Other trimmers have thinner combs that can bend if too much pressure is applied, and then you end up with a chunk of hair trimmed too short. I typically buy a trimmer that can be used while plugged in if it isn’t charged; however, I find the battery life on this one very good so that I don’t run into the problem of running out of charge. I noticed that this trimmer seems relatively quieter than others which is nice.Read more reviews at Amazon.com.
8. Wahl Model 9864
The Model 9864 is exceptional when it comes to achieving various trim lengths. This trimmer is especially great for those who tend to procrastinate since its battery charges extremely fast, and as little as one minute of being charged allows the user about three minutes of use. The Model 9864 is a great option worth considering if you are looking for a reliable, all-in-one hair trimmer that will stand the test of time.
- Made in the USA.
- Built with stainless steel.
- 12 guiding combs and four attachments are included.
- Features a rechargeable Lithium Ion battery providing six hours of run time.
- Has a wide T-blade with blades that sharpen themselves for years of trimming.
- Includes a precision detailer attachment for detailing and creating elaborate designs.
- Includes one rotating nose trimmer and one ear hair trimmer.
- Can be charged in any country with its Worldwide Voltage feature (accommodates dual voltage, 220 V, or 110 V).
Sample Customer Review… I have used trimmers for 50 years…this is by far the best one I have ever had. Yes, it’s also the most expensive one, but let me tell you, you get what you pay for. I use it every few days to trim my mustache and beard, and I have not had to recharge it. So if you travel, you won’t need to pack the charger, which is great. I’m thrilled with this purchase!Read more reviews at Amazon.com.
9. Bevel Trimmer
The Bevel Beard Trimmer makes for the perfect mens gift for your father, husband, son, or friend, for any holiday. Built with dirt and oil repellent blades, this trimmer is a great option for those with sensitive or acne-prone skin. Bevel’s trimmer delivers the same amount of power every time it is used (with or without using its cord) to ensure that each trim will be clean, consistent, and hassle-free.
- Cordless trimmer with a premium, custom-faceted build for increased control.
- Can be adjusted without tools.
- Features bevel dial for adjustable sharpness and precision.
- Battery delivers up to eight hours of trimming.
- Grip is soft, comfortable, and non-slip.
Sample Customer Review… The Bevel Trimmer is by far the best trimmer I have ever used! Aesthetically, it’s the nicest-looking trimmer on the market. Its sleek and modern design will definitely capture the eye of anyone who sees it in your bathroom. The cutting quality is amazing. With the bevel trimmer, I have been able to achieve a much closer shave and much sharper lines than with any trimmer I have ever used before (Wahl, etc.). It feels great in the hand and doesn’t create a loud or annoying sound when in use. All in all, I think it’s the best trimmer on the market. I highly recommend it!Read more reviews at Amazon.com.
10. Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3000 MG3750
The Philips Norelco MG3750 is easily the best budget choice for a hair and beard trimmer, yet doesn’t sacrifice any of the high-quality performance that Philips Norelco is known for as a result of its lower price point. With self-sharpening, easy to clean and detach blades that retain their sharpness after years of continuous use, the MG3750 does all of the heavy lifting for you to bring you a premium barber shop experience every time. If you’re looking for a premium trimmer that can take on all styles and types of hair with ease, look no further than Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3000 MG3750.
- One of Amazon’s most well-reviewed, popular razors to date.
- Built with a plastic body for ease of use and portability.
- Includes an ear and nose trimmer, steel precision trimmer, full size trimmer, three beard trimming guards, three hair trimming guards, a stubble guard, cleaning brush, and a bag for convenient storage.
- Includes premium Dualcut technology with twice as many metal blades that sharpen themselves with continued use.
Sample Customer Review… Italian so hair is a fact of life. And the older I get the more factual it becomes. 🙂 I’ve tried a bunch of trimmers but nothing, I mean nothing, compares to this beauty. I am tempted to buy another just in case Phillips decides to do away with this model. It’s super powerful – almost salon-like, sharp, and the battery lasts a long time. It’s got a ton of guides that store in a nice bag. Like I mentioned, I’ve tried many trimmers – this is the one I absolutely love!Read more reviews at Amazon.com.
The two most important aspects to consider when deciding which beard and hair trimmer to purchase are hair type and lifestyle. While this list contains some of the best options for trimmers currently on the market, one of them may be more useful to you than the rest depending on your personal situation.
Hair and Skin Type
If you have a dense, thick beard or hair style, it is important to find a razor with the right amount of power and blade sharpness. Trimmers such as the Philips Norelco MG7750 and corded trimmers like the Wahl Peanut 8655 or the Oster Classic 76 Universal Clipper are well-known powerhouses that are more than capable of cutting through any texture or style of hair with each and every use. If you have sensitive skin or struggle with acne, the Bevel trimmer’s oil and dirt-resistant blades might be right for you.
Do you tend to do most of your shaving over a sink or in the shower? If you prefer to shave in the shower, waterproof models like the MG7750 might be the best option to suit your needs. Do you travel often? If so, you should prioritize trimmers known for their immense battery life and/or cleaning features such as the Wahl Model 9864, the Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer Series 7200, or the Andis Slimline Pro Li T-blade Trimmer to achieve the high-quality, precise shave that you’re looking for while on the go. How often do you shave? If you find yourself shaving almost every day, it is important to invest in a trimmer with self-sharpening blades like the Philips Norelco MG7750, the Wahl Model 9864, or the Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3000 MG3750.
I hope this guide has helped you find the best beard trimmers for you and your loved ones!
Written by Jack Kriegl and Jenna Cooper