In need of a gift for someone who adores camping? You have come to the right place! Check out the 20 best camping gifts that are both creative and perfect for family and friends. Consider how many times a year they camp and how beneficial the product will be for them before you explore all of the options below!
Top 20 Best Camping Gifts
1. Lifestraw Personal Water Filter
The Lifestraw water filter is the perfect gift for frequent hikers who are not sure if they will have any access to clean drinkable water. The life straw can filter up to one thousand liters of clean water free of any chemicals or iodine.
There are no batteries needed and there are no moving parts needed which ensures that parts cannot get lost. This straw is also extremely lightweight and has been proven to have a high flow rate when in use. The straw measures 9 inches x 1-inch x 1-inch and has been made with BPA free materials. You can drink water anywhere and stay prepared in any emergency. An amazing thing about this product is with every purchase of a life straw a child in need receives safe water for a full school year.
Sample Customer Review…I keep one of these in my pack when hiking or going anywhere remote, as well as in my fishing tackle box on the lake. I’ve had to use it several times on the lake where otherwise I would have been severely dehydrated. Filters great. Personally, I only drink from PUR water filters as I’m a bodybuilder and regulate my diet to this point. This filter does just as well and it’s direct. It is quite difficult to bring the water to the straw but I don’t mind knowing that my water is pure. A child most likely couldn’t use it…but it could save your life.Read more reviews at Amazon.com
2. Titan Stormproof Match Kit
- Includes 12 Titan matches, 3 replaceable strikers, waterproof case and cord
- Titan Stormproof matches are windproof and burn up to 25 seconds in duration
- Titan matches stay lit under water and in gale force winds
- Case is waterproof, floats in water and has integrated striker holder
- Match Kit is 4.5 inches tall and 1.5 inches in diameter
These storm-proof matches could be the difference between a life and death situation. The case that the matches come in, is completely waterproof. The matches themselves can withstand forceful winds for up to 25 seconds. This will come in handy when attempting to light a fire in cold and mountain-like conditions.
Each pack comes with 12 matches and 3 replacement strikers. These matches can even stay lit underwater.
Sample Customer Review…Just as advertised. Make sure to check dimensions because this is nothing like waterproof cases found at Wal-Mart, Academy, etc. Much, much larger. Matches are huge! I removed the matches and put several regular-sized storm matches in it instead (along with a whistle, small mirror, fuel tab, fishing line/hooks, needles, …) to be used in my kayak for a survival kit. Works perfectly! Currently teaching survival courses and tested matches in class. Can’t blow them out. Can’t put them out by pouring water over them. Aren’t bothered by box fan (on high setting) blowing on them when starting a fire. Withstand dunking in water for at least 5 seconds. The 30 second burn time that is stated isn’t an exaggeration. Great product!Read more reviews at Amazon.com
3. STANLEY Classic Vacuum Bottle
- KEEP IT HOT OR COLD: Our Stanley Classic Vacuum Bottle is made with superior insulation that keeps liquids (soup, coffee, tea) hot or cold drinks cool for up to 24 hours It’s also made with BPA-free materials, keeping its contents safe to consume
- TOUGH AND DURABLE: The rust-proof 18/8 stainless steel construction on this insulated thermos means it can work just as hard as you do without impacting its performance This is an ideal bottle to throw into your truck, work bag or travel with it
- MULTI-PURPOSE LID: The Stanley thermos is designed with a leak-resistant lid, so you can put it in your backpack without worrying about any spills The wide mouth of the thermos helps with easy pouring into the lid that doubles as an eight-ounce cup
- FILL IT FOR THE DAY: Our vacuum bottle comes in multiple sizes – 1 1qt, 1 5qt, and 2qt so you can fill it up with water once and be set for however long you need it The collapsible handle makes it easy to transport with you
This is something all campers should have if they do not have the resources to make hot water or keep water cold. This bottle can keep ice cold water, ice cold and other beverages piping hot for up to 24 hours. The best feature is the lid that works as both a cup and a cover.
You will be equipped with something strong and durable as well as rustproof. It has a leak-proof lid and functions well for any camping or outdoor activity. Lucky for you, if you are not satisfied you can return it due to its lifetime warranty.
Sample Customer Review…My desk at work is starting to look like a Stanley display maybe, and a bit weird (enough that people have commented)! It’s really not much, 2 Stanley 16oz mugs and this larger thermos. Why, because they’re obviously amazing and a much better value than those other brands with thin exteriors that scratch and dent if you so much look at them sideways. One mug for tea and one for coffee to avoid the flavor transfer (blue silicone band on one to ‘color code’ it), and this large thermos for hot water for my yerba mate. The large thermos attracts positive attention which I really didn’t expect, from people who remember them from their parents/grandparents and didn’t realize they existed anymore and want one. They look more ‘original’ than the dime-a-dozen mugs/thermoses, and most importantly work very well. I leave hot water in mine over the weekend and its still very warm when I return so I don’t need to reheat the body to avoid cool-down upon refill. I leave hot water in it overnight and its still scalding the next day (I learned this the hard way). I’m already looking at my next Stanley purchase. I really need to stop!Read more reviews at Amazon.com
4. Coffee and Espresso Maker by Aeropress
- Popular with coffee enthusiasts worldwide, the patented AeroPress Original is a new kind of coffee press that uses a rapid, total immersion brewing process to make smooth, delicious, full flavored coffee without bitterness and with low acidity.
- Good-bye French Press! The rapid brewing AeroPress Original avoids the bitterness and high acidity created by the long steep time required by the French press. Plus, the AeroPress paper Micro-filter eliminates grit and means clean up takes seconds.
- Versatile: Easily makes 1 to 3 cups of American coffee per pressing in about a minute. Unlike a French press, it can also make cold brew (in just two minutes!) or espresso style coffee for use in lattes, cappuccinos and other espresso based drinks.
- Perfect for home kitchen use, the AeroPress Original is lightweight, compact, portable and durable, making it also ideal for traveling, camping, backpacking, boating and more!
- Includes the AeroPress press, funnel, scoop, stirrer, 350 paper mMicro-filters and a filter holder. Phthalate free and BPA free. Mug not included. Assembled measurements: 9 1/2" h X 4" w X 4" d
Everyone has a different way they like their morning cup of coffee so why settle for anything less than perfect and up to your standard. This Coffee and Espresso maker brews up to three different servings in almost a minute.
The pieces to this coffee maker have been proven to make single-serving coffee that people love. All of the pieces can fit into a gallon-sized plastic baggie and have been proven to be easy to wash.
Sample Customer Review…I am coming up on 5 years with my Aeropress. I purchased it in February 2014. Everything is still original and still works like a champ. I use it almost everyday and in that time, have conservatively put 1200-1500 cups of coffee through it. The only thing different is that I have been using the same, metal mesh filter for 2.5 of those years (But that’s another review). My personal taste is favorable to the mesh filter over the paper ones. This is a true testament to the quality of materials used in the Aeropress. If it died tomorrow, I wouldn’t hesitate to order a new one. My favorite recipe and I think I tried a large number of them: I use the inverted method. One Aeropress scoop of your choice of coffee. ( I use my own home roasted coffee and use a hand grinder). If you don’t have a temp controlled pour over kettle, do 30 seconds off boil. Pour water half way. Let it bloom for 30 seconds. Stir. Pour rest of water to top but be careful. You don’t want to to risk over fill and not being able to screw lid on. Invert and a nice, slow press into your cup. The press should be slow and steady. This method yields a true 8 oz cup of coffee with room for cream if that’s your desire. A slight alternative is to pour water almost to top. Allow to bloom for 30 seconds. After you stir and break the crust, you top it off and then press. There are many other methods and recipes. Try them all! You are bound to find one you like. In any event, thanks Aeropress for a great product.Read more reviews at Amazon.com
5. Solo Stove Portable Campfire
- GEAR OF THE YEAR WINNER - RECOMMENDED BY BACKPACKER MAGAZINE. The Solo Stove is the most popular wood-burning backpacking stove recommended by Backpacker Magazine and serious survivalists including Discovery Channel’s Matt Graham. Winner of 2014 Gear of the Year award from 50 Campfires & Section Hiker.
- PATENTED DESIGN - LESS SMOKE. The patented design features a unique double wall that creates ultra-clean gasification and a secondary combustion. This allows fuel to burn more completely and with less smoke.
- FUEL IS FREE. No more spending money on white gas or expensive liquid canister fuel. Solo Stoves use twigs, leaves, pinecones and wood as fuel. Free up more space in your backpack and eliminate the need to carry heavy, polluting and expensive canister fuels.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & FAST BOIL TIME. Boils water in 8-10 mins (34 fl oz water). 4.25" Diameter, 3.8"/5.7” tall (packed/assembled). Solo Stove weighs only 9 oz. Made of premium stainless steel and nichrome wire. Nylon stuff sack included.
- COMPACT SPACE SAVING DESIGN. The compact Solo Stove design nests inside the companion Solo Stove Pot 900 (included) leaving you with more room in your backpack. Solo Stove Pot 900 is 4.5” (height), 4.7” (diameter). Weight 7.8 oz. Max volume 30oz.
The Solo Stove Portable Campfire is nice and compact and perfect for cooking on any of your camping adventures. It puts out very minimal campfire smoke which makes it easy to cook.
It runs on wood and it burns it to allow the fire to come out of the top. It comes with a heat shield that protects the ground below the stove. It is extremely efficient for wood-burning stoves that many people will ever own. It fuels off of any kind of twigs, pine cones, and any other small things that will burn.
Sample Customer Review…I am in love with this thing. I use it on my short morning hike, right before I start, to boil some water and make oatmeal or boiled eggs. It works really well. It doesn’t really take much practice, as I was able to get things going the first time without any problems. My only suggestion to anyone thinking of buying one of these, is to have plenty of fuel on hand, because twigs and such burn really quickly. I’ve had it almost go out once, but even if the fire is out, you can easily resurrected by adding thin twigs. Also, once it’s going, don’t be afraid to put on thicker pieces, as they will burn longer. The longest I’ve used it was over the weekend when I went for a 3 hour hike and I made tea by boiling water, after which I made scrambled eggs with sausage and vegetables and cheese on a 6.5 inch Lodge cast iron pan. The stove was very stable with the pan on, no complaints. The omelet turned out great, as there was plenty of heat to cook it.Read more reviews at Amazon.com
6. GEARLIGHT LED Headlamp Flashlight
- Super Bright - These powerful hands-free LED camping lights generate a brilliant, long-lasting beam with daylight color and definition. They even have a runtime of up to 10+ hours (on the low setting).
- Adjustable Comfort - The removable, washable, and adjustable headband on this LED headlamp comfortably fits adults and children alike. Weighing only 3 oz with batteries, it is the ideal head light for outdoor adventurers.
- Versatile Design - Our premium head lights are designed with a 45 degree adjustable head to direct light exactly where you need it. Choose from 7 different lighting modes from white strobe to red beam for safety.
- Weather Resistant - Water resistant and shockproof, the S500 headlamp flashlight is suitable for rain or snow, indoors or outdoors. Add it to the top of your running, hiking and camping accessories list!
- Value Pack - Each order contains 2 S500 GearLight head lamps (AAA batteries not included). Store one in your car or keep one at home!
The gear light is an awesome headlamp for campsite prep in the darkness. You will be able to keep your hands free and cook dinner, set up a tent, or anything you can think of. It even runs for 45 hours straight.
It can withstand any kind of weather and can move at different angles of 45 degrees. Seven different lighting modes work great for those who need to light up or down.
Sample Customer Review…I’ve been really impressed with these so far (had them for about 2 weeks). I have a headlamps from black diamond and petzl for camping. I bought these to keep in my car in case I needed a headlamp. They were cheap and figured they’d be good enough. To be completely honest they are as bright as my brand name headlamps and seem good quality. I haven’t tested them for water resistance, but other than that I can say the quality is good and comparable to much more expensive lights. I’ve had cheap headlamps before and most of those were junk, these from GearLight were not.Read more reviews at Amazon.com
7. Rainleaf Microfiber Towel
- FAST DRYING - much comfortable for next use & convenient to pack. SUPER ABSORBENT - capable of repeat use in short time & dry you fast. BEAUTIFUL COLOR - much suitable for multi use daily.
- SKIN FRIENDLY - remarkable soft suede like feel on your skin and face.SUPER ABSORBENT-will absorb water 5 times more than its' weight but dry fast
- ULTRA COMPACT & LIGHT WEIGHT - easy to carry and space saving. HANG SNAP LOOP - practical & easy to hang anywhere and dry. CARRY BAG - reusable
- With all the features of Rainleaf microfiber towel listed above, they can do their job well as travel towels or sports towels. Also they are ideal for beach, travel, camping, swimming, backpacking, gym.
- It is suggested to wash your towel before first use, even it's from Rainleaf. You can return the towel you buy from us for a replacement via Amazon if you experience any problem with our towel. Lifetime warranty.
Microfiber towels are the best way to soak up water and in Rainleafs case it can soak up five times its weight. To make it even better it can dry extremely fast and is perfect for camping. It comes in eleven different colors and has a suede material that is comfortable for the skin.
You can bring this towel anywhere and everywhere while camping and it will benefit all consumers with its ability to dry you off after swimming, camping, going to the beach, and traveling.
Sample Customer Review…Love these. I travel a lot. One thing you never carry is a towel because of bulk. I bought one of these for a trip we were going on and would have to walk a ton. The day this came in my wife had me order one for her as she was on the fence about if they worked or not once she messed with mine she needed one. It arrived the day before our trip. I put this in my bag I carry when I travel and we walked 10 – 15 miles a day and went to the beach while we were at this location. It was light and easy to carry and I was very happy to have it. When we went to the beach having two full size towels left room in the bag for additional beverages. The thing that takes getting used to is you don’t wipe off with these. You dab. Once you are used to them they are life changing. Yeah a towel that’s life changing seems silly but it’s true. We will be buying a few more and have already told several people about them we travel with. On the plane home my wife got cold and I pulled it out and she used it as a blanket.Read more reviews at Amazon.com
8. Destination Kitchen Set
- Solid: 40D 85 G/M² DryVent 2.5L—100% Nylon Ripstop
- Heather: 70D 154 G/M² DryVent 2.5L—62% Nylon, 38% Polyester
- Unlined, extra-long weatherproof jacket for everyday use
- Waterproof, breathable, fully seam-sealed DryVent 2.5L shell
- 100% windproof fabric
This awesome kitchen set will allow any camper to make it as easy as possible to cook and eat post or pre-hike. It comes with four of all three forks, spoons, and knives. It also comes with a pivot spoon and spatula as well as a collapsible whisk and a utility knife. Then it has two spice shakers for salt and pepper, a cutting board, a towel, and a scrubber to clean the items off. You cannot go wrong with giving this to someone.
Sample Customer Review…This is a handy set for camping/outdoor cooking. I added the pivot tongs to complete the set and there is still enough room in the case for a GSI Java drip and collapsing bowl (and just maybe another spice tower). When the plastic forks/spoons/knives wear out, I’ll replace with more durable stainless folding sets. All folding cooking utensils expand to a very useful size and the covered knife that’s designed and designated only to cooking is handier than grabbing your multi-tool or larger outdoor knife. I also love the handy little cutting board. This set isn’t ‘tiny’ but you’ve got everything you need in one small case.Read more reviews at Amazon.com
9. Tropical Collection Island Breeze Vintage Lantern
- 12 LED 150 LUMEN LIGHT OUTPUT : The Vintage Lantern by Northpoint comes with a light output of 150 Lumen, with 12 High Quality LED's. With 150 Lumen light output be sure to have your path lit up with bright white light
- BATTERY OPERATED : The item requires 2 D Batteries which are not provided with the product. Although extremely efficient, the battery life varies based on usage. Battery operated lanterns are more efficent, as there is no wiring required and you can take your lantern on the go, on treks and picnics
- TABLE TOP AND HANGING LANTERN : The Northpoint Vintage Lantern has a hanging ring on the top which lets you hang your lantern anywhere you like. The preffered locations are in the backyard or patio, or in a tent while on a trek
- DIMMER SWITCH : The Dimmer Knob is a great addition to the Lantern, it lets you control the amount of light output so the lantern can be used as a source of light on a dark path or a nightlight for the kids
- NORTHPOINT VINTAGE COLLECTION : The Northpoint Brand currently displays products in 17 different colors. We work toward bringing beauty and minimalist design to add to your home décor. With a long lasting history in the market and a story behind every color, the Northpoint line stands out to all people who have a knack for decorating and all things artsy
In need of a cute LED camping battery-operated lantern for late-night camping fun? Then this lantern is for you. It is lightweight, easy to use, and will bring light to your camping experience.
You will need 2D batteries to operate this light but they do not come included with the product so be sure to purchase those as well. You can hang it from a tree branch or keep it placed on the floor and this lantern will light up the night.
Sample Customer Review…These are not just cute, but very functional! I used them to get around inside my storage area, which has no electrical or lights inside. Easyd to hang on a nail or what have you. They worked for us when we lost our electricity in a winder storm too. Great to just walk over and turn the knob, no matches required! They seem to shine for a long time, batteries last a long time because it’s LED. Love these.Read more reviews at Amazon.com
10. 18-in-1 Credit Card Sized Multi-Tool by Wallet Ninja
- 18 TOOLS IN 1, CREDIT CARD SIZED TOOL - Wallet Ninja Multitool is your everyday tool that easily fits in your wallet or pocket. A multi-functional tool that functions as a Screwdriver, Bottle Opener, Box Opener, Can Opener, Cellphone Stand, Eyeglass Screwdriver, Beer Opener, Fruit Peeler, Hex Wrench & Nail Puller.
- DURABLE AND MADE TO LAST: Wallet Ninja Credit Card Multitool is made with 4x heat treated steel and is guaranteed strong. Tough enough to not bend break or rust, yet lightweight and easy to carry in your pocket or wallet.
- APPROVED TO CARRY ON FLIGHTS: No actual sharp edges and shorter than 4 inches, Wallet Ninja Multi-Tool is TSA-Friendly in the USA.
- TACTICAL SURVIVAL TOOL: A must-have multitool, perfect for emergency packs, disaster preparedness, and survival kits; and a great gift for handyman, mechanics, carpenters, beer lovers, hunters, boaters, campers, hikers, bikers, contractors and all husbands, fathers, grandpas & sons.
- BEST GIFT, COOLEST GADGET, PERFECT STOCKING STUFFER FOR MEN: Wallet Ninja Credit Card MultiTool is the best gift to have or give for men that have everything, dad gifts, birthday gifts for men and women, husband gifts, wedding groomsmen gifts, holiday gift ideas or Xmas stocking stuffers. A great gift idea for men, women and teens!
Anyone would be lucky to receive this as a gift it is perfect for travel and fits directly in your wallet. It has 18 different things it can do including a ruler, phillips, and flathead screwdrivers as well as tighten different nuts and bolts.
If you purchase this item it is also guaranteed to never rust or dull as well as bend and the company promises a lifetime guarantee. Campers would benefit as well as other professions like a carpenter or a mechanic.
Sample Customer Review…This showed up in my feed as a suggested product, and I thought it looked like it could make a good gift, so I bought it for myself to see what it was like. I honestly have never used it in the 6 months I’ve had it, but I know that it will come in handy at some point, so it’s easy to keep in my wallet. I bought it for my Dad for Father’s Day, and he thought it was really cool. It was an easy gift, especially for a hard to buy for person. Also, I fly a lot, and I’ve never had an issue with TSA for this. I’ve flown probably 20 or so flights with it, both international and domestic. I also don’t understand how TSA would be able to differentiate this from the other cards in your wallet. It probably gets screened as a credit card and you’re only having an issue if you take it out of your wallet and put it in a bin.Read more reviews at Amazon.com
11. Bearz Outdoor Blanket
- VERSATILE STYLE - This multipurpose pocket blanket, picnic blanket is perfect for your outdoor adventures! Some of its uses? Waterproof picnic blanket, picnic mat, travel blanket, waterproof blanket, outdoor blanket, park blanket, waterproof beach blanket, camping blanket, beach blanket, outdoor blanket waterproof, beach blanket waterproof sandproof, hiking blanket, picnic blankets, festival accessories - just to name a few; you can even use this blue blanket as an emergency survival tarp!
- COMPACT, LIGHTWEIGHT, DURABLE – Your ideal picnic blanket, beach mat, camping blanket, picnic blankets, camp blanket, picnic accessories, travel gear, sandproof beach blanket and beach gear. This lightweight park blanket folds up to fit right into your palm; hook it onto your backpack, throw it in your bag or keep it in your car - you never know when it’ll come in handy; open up this portable, packable blanket and use it while at a concert, a camp, park, on a lawn, or anywhere outside
- WATERPROOF, PUNCTURE RESISTANT, SANDPROOF – The unique fabric of this waterproof blanket is extremely durable - ideal camping blankets for your adventures in nature. Need a picnic mat, sand proof beach blanket or a camping tarp, waterproof tarp while backpacking? Go outdoors prepared and in style
- IDEAL SIZE and CLEVER DESIGN – This waterproof outdoor blanket is easy to fold and easy to use; the camp blanket has corner pockets you can fill up with sand or stones to keep it to the ground and has corner loops that are ready for camping stakes; this picnic blanket was designed to fit 2 persons comfortably but it can fit up to 4 persons; 55 x 60 inches unfolded
- Why BEARZ Outdoor - We care about our products, and most of all, we care about our customers; every little detail has been thought out to make these waterproof, lightweight, and durable outdoor blankets, from their vibrant colors and intricate stitching to the hidden corner pockets and other unique added accessories; if you ever have any questions at all contact us and we promise to take good care of you
The Outdoor Blanket is perfect for anyone who loves to camp. It is 55 inches by 60 inches and is both lightweight and compact. You can use it on the beach as a waterproof blanket, a camping tarp, or as a hiking blanket when the weather gets cold.
Lucky for you it is waterproof as mentioned above and can withstand punctures and sand. It fits easily into someone’s hand when wrapped up and placed in the travel size bag. Most Bearz Outdoor Blankets come with a carabiner to hang off of a hiking bag. You can choose from a wide range of colors such as green, pink, red, blue, yellow, and camouflage.
Sample Customer Review…This blanket is really great. I brought this along with me on my 4-month trip around Asia & Australia earlier this year. Because it folds up compactly, I was able to throw it in my little backpack/bag and take it with me everywhere I went. Was terrific being able to pull the blanket out of my bag whenever I spontaneously found a great spot to sit, relax, and people watch. It is waterproof, so I didn’t worry about getting wet from any morning dew or getting dirty from the ground. (Note: Because it is waterproof, it’s not very breathable material — your back may get a bit sweaty if you fall asleep on it on a hot day — at least that’s what happened to my friend.) It’s a pretty decent size for 1 person (can comfortably fit 2 people on it, but large enough for 3, maybe 4) — worked really well when meeting up with new friends at a park, etc. What else… Love the little bag it comes in as well — helped keep my other things clean and also kept the blanket compact. Quality of the material is also quite good. Doesn’t feel cheap and has held up really well on my extended trip. It’s also fairly easy to fold and pack up quickly in the case of sudden rainfall — happened to me a couple of times during my trip. I highly recommend this product and will definitely be taking it along with me on my future travels.Read more reviews at Amazon.com
12. Scrubba Portable Wash Bag
- FAST & CONVENIENT: The patented washboard-in-a-bag design of our travel washing machine gives a machine quality wash in just minutes and you can wash anywhere – perfect for hotels, hostels, camping, backpacking, dorm rooms, apartments, RVs and scout trips.
- SO SMALL AND LIGHT: Weighing just 5.3 oz. and folding to pocket-size, this world’s smallest washing machine takes up no space and lets you travel clean, light and free. Ideal for any camper or traveler.
- EASY TO USE: Space, water and time-saving, and electricity free clothes washing machine. With the simple six-step instructions displayed on the outside of the bag, anyone can wash clothes quickly, hygienically, and effectively and reduce their impact on the environment with this off grid washing machine
- VERSATILE & MULTIFUNCTIONAL: This portable manual clothes washer is ideal for small to medium loads including T-shirts, underwear, socks, camping dishcloths and face masks or hand washing delicates including bras and lingerie. Between washes use it as a dry bag to keep gear dry or as a dirty laundry bag or hamper.
- PACK LESS, ENJOY MORE: Enjoy the travel freedom of a lighter suitcase and ability to wash clothes in just minutes at your convenience which means less time ineffectively handwashing in sinks or searching for Laundromats and more time savoring your journey.
The Scrubba Portable Wash Bag is perfect for laundry, you can do a small load which allows you to pack lighter on camping trips. Bringing a smaller amount of clothes makes for easy packing especially when you know the Scrubba will clean your clothes along the way.
It is a simple six-step laundry process that will have your clothes clean in about 3 minutes. Luckily if you are not satisfied there is a one-year manufacturer warranty.
Sample Customer Review…I have used this a few times now at home to see how it works before my trip abroad. I would not put more than 2 T shirts or 3 pairs of socks or 3 pairs of underwear in at one time. Any more than that and you are taking up too much space on the inside to really turn your clothes around and get them on the actual scrubbing section. With that being said I really like this thing!!!! It works well. Just don’t over load it and your clothes come out pretty clean. Notice i didn’t say REALLY clean. Don’t get me wrong the clothes come out clean,,, just not quite as good as a washing machine. Part of the problem would be that you should use a soap that is not so “sudsy” to make it easier on you when you rinse the items in the bag. Definitely not degrading this bag at all. It works great for small items. Just know its limitations. I would recommend it %100 to any one that travels/camps/hikes.Read more reviews at Amazon.com
13. Ridgecrest Solite Reflective Foam Camping Ground Pad
- Advanced Warmth: Patent-pending ThermaCapture surface boosts warmth by reflecting radiant heat back to your body.
- Light & Durable: Virtually indestructible and light enough to carry anywhere.
- Unique Design: Soft peaks and heat-trapping valleys provide exceptional comfort.
- Reg: 20" x 72" / Large: 25" x 75" / Small: 20" x 48"
- R-Value: 2.8
For the campers that sleep in a sleeping bag and can never get a good night’s rest because of the uneven ground with pointy rocks, this pad is for you. Something extra special about this pad is that it has ridges that can reflect your body heat to you while you sleep to keep you warm.
Sample Customer Review…This is an excellent closed-cell foam sleeping pad. It provides provides great insulation, I have used it on many nights spent over 10,000 feet where temperatures dropped below freezing. It is very lightweight and durable. The grooves do gather dirt but that is to be expected and a quick shake outside the tent fixes that problem. Yes this is not the most comfortable sleeping pad (but that is what you should expect from closed cell foam pads). You cannot compare the comfort level of a closed cell foam pad to that of an inflatable. Compared to other closed cell foam pads this one is quite comfortable, but if you are really worried about comfort you should consider buying a an inflatable. However, for the price this pad cannot be beat. If you are on a budget or just a beginner in the backpacking world this is a great option. Even though I have since upgraded to a sea to summit inflatable, I still often bring this along and use both pads (using this one helps keep my more expensive pad over the ground so it doesn’t get damaged).Read more reviews at Amazon.com
14. Portable Solar Shower
- CONSTRUCTION - This solar shower boasts a durable, four-layer construction for optimal heat retention and performance that includes a reflector panel, an insulator panel, a solar panel, and a water reservoir along with diamond ripstop fabric.
- CAPACITY - This summer shower has a large 3-gallon capacity and is designed to heat water fast in the warm sun.
- TEMPERATURE GAUGE - Easy-to-read temperature gauge to know when your shower is warm. The shower can heat up to 110 degrees in under 3 hours in direct sunlight.
- EASY FILL - Extra-large filling valve with twist-off cap; wide carrying handles; Velcro straps for soap and shampoo
- STORAGE - Rolls up for easy storage; covered by a one-year manufacturer
This camping shower has a capacity of 3 gallons and is solar powered which heats the water from the hot sun. There is a water temperature gauge so you will be able to monitor how hot you want your shower. You just pour the water in the valve and let it heat up in the sun.
Sample Customer Review…I’ll be honest with you, I really didn’t expect much out of this but boy was I blown away. It really is that simple. I used my hose to fill it with water and left it out in the sun in about 73F heat. Within an hour the temperature was up to about 100 in the bag (built in thermometer). I couldn’t believe it. Thinking it may have been inaccurate, I tried it. I Pulled the end of the shower head and voila! Hot water! I was BLOWN AWAY. In under an hour I had HOT water coming out the shower head beautifully. I read on other reviews that the second person gets colder water? How!? Granted you have enough common sense to shake the bag a bit before someone uses it, the temp is all the same. This thing is AMAZING. I waited 4 hours after dark fall and the water was STILL warm enough to take a comfortable shower (didn’t catch the exact temp). I’d say there’s enough water in the reservoir for 3 comfortable showers (may be pushing it with longer hair and all that shampoo they use) but this is WELL worth the money and I’m more than glad I bought it.Read more reviews at Amazon.com
15.Compressible Travel Pillow for Camping
- Ultralight (7 ounce) compressible travel pillow with soft foam filling that packs down small for road trips, plane travel, camping, and backpacking
- Foam filling expands into a 4-inch thick pillow for head, neck, and back support in tents, cars, planes, and other tough-to-get-comfortable places
- Compact design packs into a backpack, duffle, suitcase, or tote; drawstring and cord lock keeps pillow securely compressed when not in use
- Brushed polyester cover is soft against skin for comfort; lofty urethane fill is an upcycled byproduct of Thermarest mattresses
- Pillow measures 12 x 16 x 4 inches (13 x 4 x 4 inches compressed) and weighs 7 ounces; before use, shake and fluff to restore loft; machine washable; made in the USA
At full size, this foam pillow is 14×18 inches and can be brought to a size that is about eight of its original length and width. Lucky for families with messy children or anything in between this pillow is also machine washable.
The pillow is perfect for travel regardless of camping. You can bring it anywhere because it can be stored in a backpack or any kind of bag.
Sample Customer Review…These pillows are amazing! First thing you must do after you get it in the mail is wash and dry it (it fluffs the pillow up substantially). The outer material is so soft and comfortable and the inside has just the right amount of cushion. The fill inside the pillow is made up of bits of foam which seems weird but is actually really comfortable and honestly, after a long & hard day of hiking, there’s nothing better than having a pillow to sleep on. We took these (size small) on several multi-day backpacking trips so far and they are reasonably light weight and fit well when packed up with the rest of our gear. It definitely beats using rolled up clothing or inflatable pillows. The pillow packs down into a small enough roll (it takes some practice to get it down) which is great when you’re short on space. It does take a little while and/or fluffing to get the pillow back into shape after it’s unrolled so it’s typically one of the first things I take out of my bag and unroll after setting up the tent. We’ve been taking these on plane flights too and they’ve worked great (I’d say they’re similar in size to the pillows you might get on a plane but much fluffier).Read more reviews at Amazon.com
16.Paracord Survival Bracelet
- Be Ready To Survive Without Stuffing Your Backpack - Find the 5 camping gear must haves in just one bracelet : fire starter, reliable compass, loud emergency whistle, ferro rod striker and 12 feet of military-grade paracord.
- Don't Stress About Getting The Size Right - Unlike other options, the Cobra bracelet is adjustable to fit small and big wrists. Bracelet adjusts from 8"-10.5". Perfect as hiking accessories for men, women and kids.
- Did You Know That Cold Is The #1 Cause Of Death? Beat the statistics. In an emergency, use the flint steel to start a fire and secure a shelter using the paracord to fight hypothermia.
- Be Ready When SHTF - Add this survival bracelet tool to your hiking essentials, hunting gear, camping stuff or fishing equipment.
- Limited Time Offer - Currently comes in a pack of 2 bracelets: one black and one orange+black (see pictures). Includes a lifetime warranty and instructions on how to make a fire. Buy Now.
This bracelet can keep someone very safe when hiking or find themselves in a dangerous situation. It comes with a compass, whistle, and a knife as well as 12 feet of paracord that has been used in the military for decades.
Sample Customer Review…I’m blind but I camp way out in the wilderness where there’s no cell signal, no hospital and nothing around. No, I am not insane enough to try and go by myself, I wouldn’t even if I were sighted to be honest LoL. Within 2 minutes of opening this up I had found the compass, the whistle, the emergency knife and the fire starter. Obviously I can’t use the compass but I can find my direction of travel other ways, maybe not quite as accurate as a compass but if I need to go west I can LoL. Anyways the fire starter has a black coating on it, you need to scrape that off before it will spark, I found a YouTube video that explained that part. As soon as I got that coating scraped off it sparked like a champ!!! So the clips that connect both ends have goodies in he middle, one side has the small emergency knife and the other side has the fire starter in it. You just use both of those for a spark. The compass and whistle are built into the clips as well, so it’s all right there on your wrist. One thing to keep in mind though is the fire starter may cause magnetic interference with the compass because of it’s iron content. Simply unclip the ends and then use the compass. The rest of the bracelet is paracord, enough to make a trap, a shelter and some fishing line if need be. Honestly you’ll probably never need all of the paracord but it’s nice to have it in excess in the event you need to make an emergency stretcher or maybe a sled to drag equipment or gathering fire wood and so on. I’ve used and checked out tons of similar items that have fishing hooks and other extras in them but those ones are usually pretty low quality. This one is literally so well made and designed with so much common sense a blind dude figured it out without help aside from the fire started thing. If you camp or are into survival or know someone who is this is a fantastic item!Read more reviews at Amazon.com
17. Portable Mosquito Repeller
- Large Area of Protection — Lightweight and conveniently sized, the repeller keeps mosquitoes away in a 15-ft zone for 12 up to hours of protection; no hassle and no mess; 100% satisfaction guarantee
- DEET-Free, Scent-Free, Spray-Free —More time can be spent in the great outdoors without lotions or chemical sprays on skin which cause lingering smells and messes to clean up; no game-spooking odors
- Family-Friendly and Easy to Use — Thermacell MR150 Portable Mosquito Repeller is highly effective and trusted; with no open flame, it is ideal for a family-friendly environment on the patio or yard
- Portable and Convenient — Perfect for campers, hunters, fishers, hikers, kayakers, gardeners, boaters, farmers or anyone who wants to enjoy time outdoors without annoying mosquitoes
- Sleek Design — The attractive black exterior blends in with surroundings; the lightweight, portable mosquito repeller features a quiet operating mechanism perfect for any outdoor adventure
We all know that with camping comes lots of unwanted mosquito bites. This portable mosquito repellent will protect you from all of the itchy and unwanted bug bites. The portable repeller emits an insect repellent that can cover a zone around you for about 12 hours.
It is lightweight and the perfect size to keep the mosquitoes off of you with a hassle-free device that requires no effort to keep near you. This way you do not have to worry about smelling like bug spray or any kind of lotions as it has no odor.
Sample Customer Review…I bought this for use when I work out in my yard working in the garden or doing light maintenance. I already had experience with the ThermaCELL lantern which I find works very well. But since I was going to be moving around, I wanted something that would be portable since I would be moving around the yard. So I bought this and the holster that is available to hold it and clip to my belt. While I have only used it three times so far, it has met all of my expectations. Before getting it I couldn’t be in the yard for a few minutes without being bit by multiple mosquitos. Since I have received and used this, I haven’t been bit once (knock on wood) even though I do move around I find that so far it has been as effective as the lantern is when we are just sitting on our patio. I would recommend it and would buy it again.Read more reviews at Amazon.com
18. Outdoor Magic Headband
- Material: 100% polyester, strechable, breathable, sweat wicking and soft
- Flat Length X Width:19.5 inch(49cm) X 9.7 inch(24cm); High stretchable to head circumference about 21.25-38.9inch,thickness is 0.5mm
- Can wear it also as neck gaiter, bandana, balaclava, mask and so on, good as windblockers or sun protection
- Suitable for walking, running, hiking, biking, riding, fishing and yoga etc; Convenience to carry on, you could fold it and put in your pocket or your travel bag or just wear as wristband
- Wear it as a face shield to protect your face and neck from sun, wind or dust while you are doing some outdoor sports or work. Varieties of collections available and constantly updated.
Toes Home has created comfortable and very cute headbands that can keep hair out of your face as well as sweat. These are perfect for any kind of hiking, climbing, biking, or jogging.
Nowadays this headband is perfect for both a mask and a headband. You can use it while hiking when people walk by as a fashionable mask and when you are no longer near anyone you can put it on your head like a headband.
Sample Customer Review…LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. I am obsessed. I wear these every single time I workout. 6 days a week dripping in sweat, and hardly any on my face while keeping me cool. I don’t know about anyone else but I feel like I can’t concentrate without all that salt in my eyes. Not anymore. It’s so simple, and yet so ingenious. How am I just now discovering its appeal? AND it looks bad***. I throw them in the washer with my gym clothes on hand wash. They fare well from the dryer but I’m sure they will last longer if they are line-dried. The material is very stretchy but snug. I have a big head but I have no doubts on their ability to comfortably fit anyone. So many styles and ways to wear them while taking a matter of seconds to slip on. It feels wrong not to wear one now!Read more reviews at Amazon.com
19. Ultralight Backpack Cooler Chair
- VERSATILE OUTDOORS CONVERTIBLE BACKPACK/STOOL: This is the perfect piece of equipment for the outdoors enthusiast. Whether hiking, spending the day at the beach, fishing, tailgating, or relaxing in your own yard, this convertible backpack/stool has something for you. With ample storage space and a lightweight design, this product has something for everyone.
- LOADS OF COOLER SPACE: Offering loads of storage space with a variety of pockets, our foldable bag and fast drying towels make day trips to the beach, sporting events, pool, picnic, camping, and outdoor gatherings with friends and family relaxing and easy, guaranteed!
- EASY TO USE: Not only is it simple and easy to carry, it also folds down nicely to travel, pack, and store in the trunk of your car to take with you anywhere you want. Take a seat anytime and anywhere, with setup taking a mere moment.
- HIGH QUALITY & DURABLE: Our high quality polyester fabric not only holds against the elements, but will last even when the going gets rough! Take all your gear with you during all your favorite outdoor activities.
- WORTHWHILE: With the portability and convenience offered by our popular collapsible tote bag set you can rest assured you'll be getting more for your money's worth! It's the perfect size with plenty of extra room, which means it's easy to carry around just about anywhere.
This 3 in 1 design includes a backpack, cooler, and chair makes camping that much easier. Being only 3 pounds, hiking long distances will not be a struggle with this on your back. Included is a pouch for your keys and wallet and even a place to hold your water bottle. With the large storage compartment, you can store anything from towels, water bottles, and food. Not only is this backpack perfect for camping, but also great for the beach and sporting events.
Sample Customer Review…This little chair is the coolest little invention, well made and sturdy. I took this out to my son’s soccer game last weekend and received tons of compliments. I was able to fit 3 large (1 liter) bottles in the cooler bag section with plenty of room for another if need be. I have a 4 year old that comes to the field with me so we always end up bringing my chair, snacks, drinks, toys (everything but my kitchen sink) and I hate having to carry all of this stuff…. I wish I would’ve known about this chair 4 years ago!Read more reviews at Amazon.com
20. Lodge Wildlife Series
- LODGE WILDLIFE SERIES: Each unique piece in our seasoned cast iron Wildlife Series features one of America's most distinctive animals.
- SEASONED COOKWARE. A good seasoning makes all the difference. Lodge seasons its cookware with 100% vegetable oil; no synthetic coatings or chemicals. The more you use your iron, the better the seasoning will get
- MADE IN THE USA. Lodge has been making cast iron cookware in South Pittsburg, Tennessee (pop. 3,300) since 1896. With over 120 years of experience, their cast iron is known for its high quality design, lifetime durability, and cooking versatility
- MAKE EVERY MEAL A MEMORY. Lodge knows that cooking is about more than just the food; it’s about the memories
- FAMILY-OWNED. Lodge is more than just a business; it’s a family. The Lodge family founded the company in 1896, and they still own it today. From environmental responsibility to community development, their heads and hearts are rooted in America
This family owned cast iron makes cooking in the wilderness a breeze. With even heating and great heat retention, using this cast iron allows you to cook right over an open flame without the worry of ruining it. You can cook almost anything with this including chicken, steak, vegetables and much more! All you need to do is season the skillet with a little bit of oil and it’s good to go.
Sample Customer Review…We bought these for our cabin in the north woods not only are wonderful to cook with when cooking steaks i sear them in the pan and finish them in the broiler, fried fish and fried chicken and American fries smothered with onions, all cooked over the campfire. Yum! plus the wildlife addition looks great hanging on the wall by the stove. Cleanups a snap just follow cleaning and seasoning instructions.Read more reviews at Amazon.com
Buying Guide: Things to Consider When Purchasing the Best Camping Gifts
There are endless kits and supplies that you can take with you when camping, but the most important thing to think about is the value of the products you’re bringing with you. You want to make sure to get camping gear that will not break after a couple of uses especially if you are camping for long periods of time. All of the camping gear listed above have great value and can withstand any conditions when camping.
Choosing the Right Gift
The first thing you need to assess before buying camping gifts is to evaluate who you are giving the product to. There is a camping gift out there for everyone whether it be for men, women, or children. You will also need to understand what type of camping you will be doing. For light hikes, you may not need to get a kitchen set, however you may want to purchase a gearlight LED headlamp flashlight for when it gets dark out, you can just put it on your head instead of a flashlight you would have you hold. If you are more into the advanced hiking options try looking for products such as a portable shower or compressed travel pillows.
Finding camping gear that is durable to withhold all types of conditions can make or break your camping trip. The last thing you want is for your camping gear to break within the first trip. You want to be able to find camping gear that can withstand all types of weather and even be sturdy enough to withhold bumping or scraping up against rocks. There are so many different types of camping gear out there and with the right research you can find the best type of camping gear that fits what you are looking for!
Here are some ways to choose the best camping gift. From lifesaving devices to convenience these gifts are perfect for any kind of camper. Men, women, and even children can benefit from any number of these things. All twenty of them are affordable, relatively lightweight, and will only make camping a better experience for all involved.
Consider the number of times your gift recipient camps per year and how often they will utilize the item you plan on giving them. It is important to consider if they will have the space to bring it along on their average camping trip.
Consider the pocket tool or the paracord bracelet for father day gifts for campers and maybe the colorful headbands for Mother’s day. All of these items make for perfect additions to a camper’s current set of items.
Lastly recall the Scrubba or the Portable Shower for longer camping trips. The Scrubba will save time and resources so that you can bring way fewer clothes on any camping trip. Longer trips are also going to benefit from the portable solar shower, making the trip feel more like home.
- Best Camping Coffee Makers
- Best Camping Cookware Sets
- Best Camping Grills
- Best RV Battery For Dry Camping
- Best Truck Bed Tent
- A Guide to Camping in Your Car
- Best Camping Fan
- Best Camping Pillows
- Best Camping Bed
- Best Camping Tarp
- Best Camping Air Mattress
- Best Truck Tents for Camping
Written by Emily O’Keefe and Katherine Roberts