So you’re on the market for a new sewing machine? Where should you start? What type of machine do you need? What are the most reliable brands? Am I going to get my money’s worth? These are all fantastic questions when looking for a new sewing machine. Luckily, you’ve just stumbled upon one of the absolute best home sewing machines on the market. The Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 has the power, speed, and specialty features to be a great fit in any home.
Complete Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 – Features
The Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine is a fantastic tool for the budding sewist. With over 600 stitch applications and five amazing fonts, you will be able to add a personal touch to all of your projects.
You will have endless options for your customized projects by mixing stitches and lettering. Elongate or mirror stitches to be even more creative with your Singer Quantum Stylist 9960!
With the amazing Needle Up/Down feature, you’ll think things like topstitching, sewing pockets, free-motion quilting, and more will be a total breeze.
The Speed Control will allow you to set the machine to the speed you want. Move fast for your long seams and slow it down for your tougher and more intricate projects. No matter what your project calls for, the Quantum Stylist 9960 will always provide the perfect speed.
Easy-to-use Top Drop-in Bobbin will allow you to thread and see your bobbin easily. There is no need to worry about running out of thread in the middle of one of your seams again!
When your masterpiece is finally complete, a press of the Thread Trimmer Button cuts the top and bottom of your thread, saving you time and making your life easier. The Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 has all of the features to make your next project the best one yet!
If you want to know what you’re getting in addition to the sewing machine itself, here is a comprehensive list of all of the included accessories for the Quantum Stylist 9960.
This machine comes with 13 different feet; the satin foot, buttonhole foot, zipper foot, general purpose foot, open toe foot, blind hem foot, cording foot, overcasting foot, embroidery foot, button sewing foot, quarter-inch foot, narrow hem foot, and walking/even feed foot. The Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 also comes with a seam ripper, a lint brush, spool pin felt, a quilting bar, bobbins, a pack of needles, a screwdriver, thread spool caps, a large extension table, as well as a hard dust cover.
- Built-In Lettering
- Your projects can be personalized perfectly with whatever words, phrases, or monograms you desire
- Mirror Imaging
- Get more creative by inverting stitch patterns
- Built-In Stitches
- Choose from a large variety of stitches for basic or decorative sewing
- One-Step Buttonhole
- You will be sewing buttonholes in one easy step. Place the button in the buttonhole foot and your machine will sew a buttonhole perfectly sized for that button.
- Built-In Needle Threader
- No need to strain your eyes, your machine will thread the eye of the needle effortlessly
- Top Drop-In Bobbin
- You will never have to worry about running out of thread in the middle of a seam again with the transparent bobbin and cover.
- Built-In Thread Cutter
- Trim the top and bobbin threads just by touching a button
- Tie-Off Button
- You will be able to instantly tie-off the stitch and stop sewing automatically.
- Direct Selection Stitches
- The most frequently used stitches will be located on the front of your machine for convenience.
- Reverse (Touch Button)
- Secure your seams and prevent unraveling by sewing your stitches in reverse.
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- Your machine is guaranteed to be durable with its metal interior frame.
- High-Speed Stitching (850 SPM)
- The Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 will be able to keep up with the best with its impressive 850 stitches per minute.
- Speed Control
- With the advanced level of speed control, you will be able to manage the tightest of spaces and the longest of stitches all on the same machine!
- LCD Screen
- The LCD screen will clearly display your stitch as well as the settings for stitch length and width.
- Free Arm
- The free arm makes it easy to sew sleeve cuffs, trouser hems, and other smaller projects.
- Extension Table Included
- Included is a large extension table, providing a great surface for larger projects like quilts.
- The Singer Quantum Stylist 9600 has tons of other fantastic features that are awaiting you!!
- Dimensions: 17.2×8.2×12 in
- Weight: 18.2 lbs
- Box Size: 20x11x18 in
- Amps: 0.46
- Watts: 55
- Volts: 120
- Hz: 60
- Power Source: Corded Electric
Is the Quantum Stylist 9960 Worth It?
This is a fair question to ask. You don’t want to make a big purchase, like a sewing machine, only to start regretting it two weeks later. Luckily, if you buy the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 chances are you will not be suffering from buyer’s remorse any time soon!
With the classic Singer quality, there is no need to worry about a faulty or brittle machine. This sewing machine has a durable metal frame and comes with a sturdy plastic cover to keep it safe from dust and dirt when you’re not using it.
This is a great machine that can be classic and straight-forward for beginners, while also having lots of features and gadgets that will keep even advanced sewists entertained for months. This machine can grow along with you as you expand and perfect your sewing capabilities!
So, to conclude what we have covered so far, the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 is a remarkable machine that will work great for whatever projects you have lined up. With a trusted name like Singer, you know that you will be getting a quality machine. With all of the fantastic features like automatic threading, self-cutting thread, reverse stitching, and a seemingly endless number of built-in stitches you’d be hard-pressed to find a better quality home sewing machine for a better price. Due to its size and the number of standard features, this may seem intimidating and overwhelming.
However, when it comes down to it, the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 is a quality machine and is simple enough for even the most beginner sewist to figure out. With a great machine at your side, you will be ready to start all of your dream sewing projects as soon as you unpack the box!
I hope you enjoyed this review and happy sewing!
Sample Customer Review… Before deciding on any other machine, take a look at this machine! It will work with the most delicate material to canvas duct! Just be sure to use the appropriate needle. I love this machine, I’ve had it for a month and a half. Excellent for the money! I love the foot pedal, start-stop button, automatic threader, reverse button, up-down needle button, and the ease of creating bobbins and threading them. Great for quilting. Has the same functionality as higher priced Janome machines but more capabilities and accessories are included. Happy creating!Read more reviews at Amazon.com