In this article, there are 12 best sports headphones to let you know which are the best options currently available on the market.
In recent years, working out has become a popular trend for people to achieve a healthier lifestyle. In case you haven’t noticed, there is always music playing when you walk into a gym, a sports event, or even a basketball court. Music and sports seem to work well together. Your favorite song could be something to keep you concentrating, or it can motivate you to keep going. Bringing the best sports headphone to your workout allows you to customize your musical enjoyment. Or if you prefer to listen to a podcast instead, it would all be your own choice.
Some of the important features to look at before you choose the best sports headphone includes the build type of the earbuds, battery life, and whether it is sweat-proof or not. These functions are crucial during a workout as you need to find a pair that fits securely in your ear and prevents breaking from water damage as much as possible.
Top 12 of the Best Sports Headphones
|AirPods Pro||Check On Amazon
|Beats PowerBeats Pro||Check On Amazon
|Bose SoundSport Wireless||Check On Amazon
|Jaybird Vista||Check On Amazon
|Beats PowerBeats 3||Check On Amazon
|Bose SoundSport Free||Check On Amazon
|Adidas RPT-01||Check On Amazon
|Jabra Elite Active 75t||Check On Amazon
|Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2||Check On Amazon
|Sony WF-1000XM3||Check On Amazon
|Amazfit Powerbuds||Check On Amazon
|Sennheiser CX Sport||Check On Amazon
1. AirPods Pro
- Active noise cancellation for immersive sound
- Transparency mode for hearing and connecting with the world around you
- Three sizes of soft, tapered silicone tips for a customizable fit
- Sweat and water resistant
- Adaptive EQ automatically tunes music to the shape of your ear
AirPods Pro are wireless earbuds and offer superior sound quality. The design is also stylish and they have active noise-canceling features that are beneficial for crowded gyms. The mic function is excellent considering that there are mics inside and outside the headphone. However, AirPods Pro has shorter battery life compared to other earbuds and the price is a little higher than the others. Moreover, AirPods are meant to be used with Apple products. If you want its maximum function, you should use it with iPhones or iPods.
- Battery life: 4.5 hours plus 24 hours with charging case
- Connection: true wireless / in-ear
- Water Resistance: Sweat and splash resistant
Sample customer review… These headphones are literally everything I could ask for. I was one of those who was anti AirPod because they were bougie and I didn’t need to put more money in apples pocket. I broke down and bought these on Amazon prime day because my beats headphones still had a wire, never stayed in during my runs and frankly, they hurt my ears.Read more reviews at Amazon.com.
Enter the AirPod pro. I have run close to ten mile runs with these and they have great sound quality as well as stay in without any pain. I have used them to row on an indoor rower with no issue. They stay connected as I walk away from my phone or do an at home workout.
I never thought I’d be one of those people you see on TikTok using AirPods for everything….but here I am.
2. Beats PowerBeats Pro
- Totally wireless high-performance earphones
- Up to 9 hours of listening time (more than 24 hours with charging case)
- Adjustable, secure-fit ear hooks for lightweight comfort and stability
- Reinforced design for sweat & water resistance during tough workouts or running
- Protect your Beats with AppleCare+ - Add AppleCare+ to your order and receive accidental damage protection and 24/7 priority tech support from the people who know your headphones best
PowerBeats Pro offers a long battery life of up to 9 hours on a single charge that can last you throughout almost the whole day. Another feature, such as secure-fit ear hooks are also beneficial for sports activities to prevent falling. One of the most interesting functions of PowerBeats Pro is its audio sharing feature that allows two headsets to connect to one device. You can share the same music with a friend or your workout buddy.
- Battery life: 9 hours plus 24 hours charging case
- Connection: true wireless / in-ear
- Water Resistance: sweat & water resistance
Sample customer review… Not the cheapest completely wireless headphones out there but, in my opinion, by far the best. I regularly use wireless headphones for daily workouts 7 days a week and for casual listening when doing other things. My collections of wireless headphones is pretty extensive; Sennheiser momentum, Jabra elite active 65t, Samsung Icon X, Bose, Jaybird, and AirPods to Name a few. The Powerbeats Pro are the most comfortable, best sounding, and longest lasting of all of my true wireless headphones by a mile. I don’t do tame workouts- every single headphone I’ve ever worn has fallen out during every workout that I do- until I got my Powerbeats pro. These things aren’t going anywhere and are crazy comfortable. They are larger and heavier than my previous favorite, the Jabra elite active 65t, but the ear hook makes it where you don’t even feel them in your ears and the 11 hours of continuous playback with ~40% left that I have experienced puts them a mile ahead in the longevity department. At 70% volume they are getting about 1hour and 30 minutes of use per 10% of battery. At that rate they would play for around 15 hours per charge. That’s nuts. I’m getting a full week (7 workouts at 2-2.5 hours each) per full charge and the case still has juice left. The sound has good bass but not overpowering to the point of being muddled like Beats products of old. Good midrange and great soundstage, in my opinion. Range is likewise killer, with no dropouts at over 85 feet from the device I am streaming from (Galaxy Note 9 and iPad Pro 2018).
My only complaint is the fact that they charge via lightning instead of USB C. That’s a bummer.
TLDR: THE best truly wireless headphones on the market right now and equally wonderful for both workouts and casual listening. The fit is so secure and comfortable that they’ll not budge in the most rigorous of activities and sound GREAT.
Highly recommended.Read more reviews at Amazon.com.
3. Bose SoundSport Wireless
- A high quality audio experience, consistently balanced at any volume, thanks to Bose active EQ
- Wireless convenience, with easy Bluetooth and NFC pairing aided by voice prompts. Quick Charging Times 15 Minutes for 1 Hour. Recharge Time 2 Hours
- Exclusive Stay Hear and tips keep the headphones comfortably in place during workouts
- Sweat and weather resistance for reliability while exercising
- Up to 6 hours battery life per charge. SoundSport wireless headphones do not have noise cancelling technology
Bose SoundSport has excellent sound quality that enhances your musical enjoyment during sports activities. Although they are not true wireless headphones, they are secure with the wire connecting both earbuds. This design would work great with sports with a lot of movement. However, it might be an awkward design for squats with a barbell or workouts like doing a bench press. In addition, this pair of headphones have a great ability for switching between devices if you need to.
- Battery life: 6 hours
- Connection: wireless / in ear
- Water Resistance: Sweat and weather resistance
Sample customer review… I go to the gym a lot and have been looking for a great sounding pair of wireless in ear headphones. I have tried several, from the original beats to the powerbeats and most recently the beats x. These blow them all away……big time. They fit in my ear very well (with the medium ear tips that come on the headphones) and had a small and a large size as well. From the moment you power them on they are (in my opinion) much better than beats. When turned on they tell you what device they are connected to and how much battery is left. Another great feature is the call feature. When you receive a call it tells you who is calling (if you have them as a contact) this way you don’t have to take your phone out of your pocket to check who is calling before answering. The call quality was amazing, way better than on my beats.
Now, the sound quality, in my opinion is MUCH better…MUCH MUCH better, than the beats x. Deep bass, clear voice. and they are very comfortable as well for the duration of my home long workout.
For battery life, I have only used them once so far, but at the start of my workout they were 70%, and at the end (a little over 1 hour) they were at 60%. I listened to Spotify the whole time and made one roughly 10 minute phone call, only losing 10% battery life.Read more reviews at Amazon.com.
4. Jaybird Vista
- EARTHPROOF Fully waterproof crushproof dropproof and sweatproof IPX7 construction ensures Vista can withstand any workout running or weather conditions (Meets MIL-SPEC STD810G standards)
- ALWAYS READY Vista gives you 6 hours of audio on a full charge plus 10 more in the compact charging case for 16 hours of total charge and 32 hours If using one bud alone A 5-minute quick charge offering an hour of playtime
- CONNECTED Vista’s cutting-edge JBS1 true wireless bluetooth technology ensures high quality zero-lag stereo sound for music and calls and a reliable connection that pairs easily with your phone every time
- GO LIGHT Vista’s earbuds are among the smallest and lightest premium headphones on the market meaning that you’ll literally forget you’re wearing them
- LOCKED IN Three sizes of interchangeable ear gels ensure a secure ultra-comfortable fit that feels weightless while you stay active
Jaybird Vista is fully waterproofed and would be a good companion for you in extreme weather, such as heavy rain or snow. They are also lightweight that the company claims that you would not even notice them in your ears. The find my buds function also works with these if being forgettable is one of your talents. However, noise-canceling features are not Jaybird Vista’s strong suit. If you need better ANC features, you might want to look elsewhere.
- Battery life: 6 hours plus 16 hours with charging case
- Connection: true wireless in-ear
- Water Resistance: IPX7 Fully waterproof / crush-proof / drop-proof / sweatproof
Sample customer review… I hate writing reviews. A lot. I also run a lot. I purchased a set back in February after screwing around with multiple cheaper sets. I logged more than 1300 miles over 6 months with these running 90% of the time. I’ve had these out in extreme cold, blizzards, downpours, high wind, extreme heat and humidity (we get everything in Fargo.) These things are tough. The sound quality isn’t audiophile level, but I doubt there is a set of ear buds that combines the sound quality, battery life and robustness these have. Very little issues with Bluetooth connectivity and the programmable button controls are great. You also won’t find a better fit. I haven’t had these come loose once, which has always been an issue with cheaper sets. I recently had one of the buds short out and ventured into the dark cave warranty requests. It turns out the cave wasn’t dark at all. I was on the phone with a rep. in under 2 minutes. After 10 more minutes they had all the information they needed and 3 days later I had a warranty pair being sent out to me. If you need tough headphones, these people will take care of you.Read more at Amazon.com.
5. Beats PowerBeats 3
- High-performance wireless earphones
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- Connectivity Technology: Apple’s W1 Chip and Wireless Connect via Class 1 Bluetooth with your device for wireless workout freedom
- Up to 12 hours of battery life to power through multiple workouts
- With Fast Fuel, a 5-minute charge gives you 1 hour of playback when battery is low
PowerBeats 3 has a long battery life plus secure-fit ear hooks that can power you through multiple workouts. The battery life is the most impressive feature of this product if that is something essential for you. The sweat-proof function can also handle tough training or rainy conditions that ensure your favorite song goes smoothly during the exercise. However, they are a little pricey compared to other options. And if you prefer true wireless earbuds, they would not be the one for you either.
- Battery life: 12 hours
- Connection: wireless / in-ear
- Water Resistance: Sweat-resistant
Sample customer review… Amazing. That’s all I can say when I think about these headphones. I’ve had these for over six months and are my go-to for gym workouts. For cardio, they stay snug even during the most sweaty intense workouts I’ve had. The clips work great and that’s all that matters. For lifting, its awesome to be able to pause/play/volume up/down/skip/restart tracks without taking my phone out of my pocket. The wireless distance is good enough, I’ve had times where I switch machines or benches and put my phone down 10 feet away with no issues.
Overall, these are the best headphones I’ve ever owned for working out, volume gets really loud, sounds great, and the battery is ridiculous. Seriously. I workout almost every day for at least an hour and these will last me two weeks. If they’re dead, just plug them in for the drive there if you bring the charger in your gym bag, and I guarantee you’ll have enough for a workout.
As a tech junkie and huge music fan, I don’t honestly think that the Bose wireless earbuds or other options could beat this product. Sure it might not have the insane highs and lows as Bose, but who cares when you’re working out? If I want amazing sound quality I’ll use actual headphones or my speaker system.Read more at Amazon.com.
6. Bose SoundSport Free
- TRULY wireless Sport headphones for total freedom of movement, packed full of technology that makes music sound clear and powerful
- Earbuds are sweat and weather resistant (with an Ipx4 rating) and come with 3 different pairs of Stay hear and Sport tips (in sizes S/M/L) that provide a comfortable and secure fit
- Up to 5 hours of play time with each charge and an additional 10 hours with the included charging case
- Track lost earbuds with the Bose connect App's "find My buds" feature;Charging time: 2 hours
- Firmware update to improve Audio video synchronization for customers using iPhones, iPads and other Bluetooth devices that support AVDTP version 1.3 or later, available via connect app or BTU.Bose.Com. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
Bose SoundSport Free is a true wireless headphone, and there are four unique color options for you to choose from. One of the most useful functions of these earbuds is the Find My Buds tool through Bose Connect App. Most people have experienced losing earbuds somewhere and this could be a helpful tool for you. However, one of the flaws is in the call functions on SoundSport Free. According to the product information, the call audio will only be heard on the right side of the earbud. The price is also a little higher compared to others if that is a concern for you.
- Battery life: 5 hours plus 10 hours wireless charging case
- Connection: true wireless / in-ear
- Water Resistance: sweat and weather-resistant
Sample customer review… I’m 41, with kids, very little time, it’s easy to pack on the weight even when always eating healthy and I needed more inspiration to get out and do my weekly runs. I went through 3 different products (at least these days you can return them very easily), and although these Bose SoundSport Free Wireless were expensive THEY WERE TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!! I love these. I needed the medium size fitting in my left ear, and the larger in my right. Which after all these years explains some of my frustration. It was amazing to hear music while running for the first time in 20 years. AND, Bose is so clear and powerful with it’s sound, I’m hearing words in songs I never knew what they were saying! Not once did I have to adjust these Bose earbuds, not once. I only had to touch the right one to change the song. I haven’t made a play list yet, I was so excited to get out and try them. As an earpiece for phone calls, I’m only hearing it out of my right ear, but who cares? The music is so great. I was so used to these things not working for me, that when I put them on with the sounds so clear and natural I thought the sound was coming from my phone, not the ear buds. I was like, Damn, not again. BUT after taking a few steps and with the sound quality was so crystal clear I realized, “wait a minute..” it was actually playing in my ear but so perfect it sounded like it was coming from my phone for the first few seconds. It was the strangest thing and I’ve never experienced anything like it before. Like I was on drugs or something, seriously, it’s the only way I can try and explain it. These are amazing, but I’ve only had them one day. I hope the reliability and surprises keep coming from them.Read more at Amazon.com.
7. Adidas RPT-01
- No sweat: IPX4 rated water resistance with sweatproof, splashproof construction.
- Life in motion: Ergonomic design with 360° swivel, ensuring a comfortable, flexible fit throughout your workout.
- Total control: Create custom shortcuts with the easy-to-use control knob and action button.
- Go the distance: Enjoy up to 40 hours playtime with super-fast USB-C charging.
- Rinse & repeat: Removable, washable knitted ear cushions and inner headband.
Adidas RPT-01 is wireless on-ear headsets that offer excellent audio quality. On-ear headphones might not be everyone’s favorite, especially for sports and exercises; but they have a great build design and longer battery life compared to all other earbuds. One of the most convenient designs is the removable and washable ear-pad cushions and headband. After a workout, it is unavoidable to leave sweat and odor on the headsets, and this is an extremely helpful design for you to be able to clean them easily.
- Battery life: 40 hours
- Connection: wireless / on ear
- Water Resistance: IPX4 sweat-proof and water-resistant
Sample customer review… I prefer on-ear when I’m running or working out. In-ear or over-ear have just never worked. I was using a pair of Sol Republic, wired, on-ear headphones, but they’re definitely not meant for working out or sweating in.
When I got more serious about running/working out, I couldn’t justify using the Sol Republic headphones anymore. They’re great. But they’re great for other uses.
I use these pretty exclusively for working out. Bluetooth works wonderfully. They’re comfortable. The controls are excellent and intuitive. They’re no production-level sound quality. But I don’t personally find that necessary when I’m working out and sweating.
They’re also completely washable. I haven’t washed them yet (though I probably should), but I figured out how to take the ear pieces and go about doing that. It’s really not as difficult as other reviews might lead on. The way it’s designed is for obvious reasons.
The absolute best part about these is the battery life. Again, I’m not using these all day, every day. But I use them enough. And the battery rating of 40 hours seems pretty accurate. I charged them about 1.5 weeks ago (I think, it’s been too long to remember exactly when). I workout or run about 30 minutes a day. They’re still at 90%. They’re also USB-C, which my most of my other rechargeable devices also use. Continuity is pretty nice.Read more reviews at Amazon.com.
8. Jabra Elite Active 75t
- SECURE ACTIVE FIT – We scanned thousands of ears to create the best-fitting earbuds for a sport that we’ve ever created, with a special grip coating to make sure they stay in while you move; Plus, they’re sweat proof and waterproof with IP57-rated protection
- ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION: With these noise cancelling earbuds, you can filter out the world and focus on your music; Use the Jabra Sound plus App to activate ANC the first time you use it and enable toggling between ANC and Hear Through via your Earbud button
- CRYSTAL-CLEAR CALLS – 4 microphones, the latest digital signal processing and pioneering beam form technology mean these Jabra earbuds offer great call quality wherever you are; Plus, they’re compatible with Siri, Google, and Alexa
- LONG BATTERY LIFE – With Jabra Elite Active 75t wireless Bluetooth earbuds, you get up to 24 hours of battery time (ANC on) with the pocket-friendly charging case, the Elite 75t earphones let you take calls and play music while staying connected
- MY SOUND IS YOUR SOUND – Our latest pioneering technology tests your hearing in the Jabra Sound plus app, and tailors your music to suit your individual hearing profile; My Sound makes the music you love even better
Jabra Elite Active is a good value pair of headphones that offers an active noise-canceling function and wireless connection that would be suitable for sports and workout sessions. The special grip coating design also ensures security throughout movements and prevents falling. Although the bass quality is not the best that there is to offer, the Jabra Sound plus app allows customizable soup controls that would help with your audio preference.
- Battery life: 24 hours with charging case
- Connection: true wireless / in-ear
- Water Resistance: IP57 Protected from water, sweat, and dust
Sample customer review… Easy to learn and use. Wasn’t going to change the medium rubber ear pieces, but so glad I did. Sound wasn’t that great until I switched sizes, then BOOM full spectrum sound with boomy bass. Love that volume adjustment is right on the buds while in ear. Easy to operate app and EQ allow for you to make the music sound how you’d like. I play basketball with these and they won’t come out. Range is average, 30-35 feet from source and they start to cut out. Hear Through feature allowing outside noises to be heard with music or a call makes these much safer for any activity. It’s adjustable too, how much outside noise you want to blend in. Does have some nice ambient noise generator settings, waves, rain, a fan etc. and could be useful in some situations. They come with a 2 year sweat and dust warranty and are well manufactured. I think for hard workouts, sound quality and features they’re an obtainable top end product.Read more reviews at Amazon.com.
9. Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2
- Enjoy unrivaled high-end stereo sound created by Sennheiser's unique 7 millimeter dynamic Earbud audio drivers
- Switch off your surroundings and focus on the deep bass, the natural mids and the clear treble thanks to Active Noise Cancellation providing you with high-fidelity sound even in noisy environments
- Experience uninterrupted play time with the new 7-hour battery life that can be extended up to 28 hours with the charging case for your wireless headphones
- In the mood for a movie marathon? With its ergonomic and lightweight design, you can experience unbeatable sound in unbelievable comfort when lounging in front of the TV or while strolling through the city
- Control your exceptional sound with customizable touchpad technology built into both earbuds hands free via voice control or with your smart devices
Sennheiser Momentum has high sound quality with ANC and long battery life. They are awesome for a movie marathon and an actual marathon if that’s where your passion lands. The true wireless design provides security during intense workouts. In addition, their Smart Control app allows you to change audio preference that takes both your musical and physical experience to the next level. However, Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 is the most expensive one on this list. Despite the price, they are no doubt unbeatable.
- Battery life: 7 hours plus 28 hours with charging case
- Connection: true wireless / in-ear
- Water Resistance: N/A
Sample customer review… I have owned dozens and dozens of earbuds trying to find a comfortable pair that sound decent. I have been met with nothing but failures until these. I typically can not wear earbuds for more than 30 minutes without having ear fatigue. I do daily workouts and can’t stand the sweat build-up from over-the-ear style headphones. So, I wanted earbuds that sounded great, provided long term comfort, provided a fit that would stay in during intense workouts, and had good noise canceling for commutes and plane rides. I would have been happy finding a set that provided 3 of the 5 listed above criteria. The Sennheiser TW Momentum 2’s knocked all 5 out of the park and sound as good as my over-the-ear headphones. This product is a “do it all” ear bud that excels at every use case. Incredible sound, check. Extreme comfort, check. Workout ready, check. Noise canceling on par with the best available, check. If you want the best earbuds as of the date of this writing, look no further. You have found the holy grail of true wireless sound.Read more reviews at Amazon.com.
10. Sony WF-1000XM3
- Industry leading noise canceling with HD noise canceling processor QN1e
- 24bit Audio signal processing delivers dramatically improved sound quality
- Battery life up to 24 hours with carrying case (with 10min quick charge for 90min of play time)
- Easy and clear hands free calling; Leave your phone where it is, just speak with a double tap to the earbud
- Truly wireless design with uninterrupted L/R simultaneous Bluetooth transmission
Sony claims to have industry-leading noise-cancellation technology that is unbeatable in a loud environment. This function allows maximum focus throughout the exercise no matter you are weight-lifting or jogging. One of the design flows is the lack of touch sensor control for changing audio volume. But overall, they are suitable for sports and workouts in terms of durability and sound quality.
- Battery life: 6 hours plus 24 hours with charging case
- Connection: true wireless / in-ear
- Water Resistance: N/A
Sample customer review… The build quality is excellent. The case overall is a sturdy plastic with a nice matte feel and is light weight which will be great for travel despite being bigger than the AirPods case. There are individual LED indicators on each earbud and on the case itself to allow you to know when its charging. I also like the flat, glossy circle on each earbud and how they are touch sensitive so I can use that to control the music as well as the noise cancelling features. Another thing I appreciate is how they give you 6 additional sets of earbud tips in order to allow you to find your perfect, personal fit.
In terms of looks, I find it to be a classy look. It definitely doesn’t look bulky, (like an oversized bug sitting in your ear) and it feels light weight, being overall comfortable. However, I do have some big ears that stick out like open car doors so your own experience may vary from mine. The fit of the AirPods never bothered me either but it would after a few hours.
In terms of sound quality and noise cancelling, I find it to be excellent. My music library consists of mostly hip hop/lo-fi music and these have great bass without being overly “boomy” nor too tight. There is definitely a punch you will feel greater than the AirPods. I’m no audiophile with knowledge of mids and highs but I do think they are great for the average listener with a bass preference. To top it off, they are noise cancelling (!) and I find them to work surprisingly well blocking ambient noise. In comparison to the WH-1000XM3s, of course it is definitely not as precise, the noise cancelling is noticeably better and the sound stage on those headphones is large/more open. However, given the obvious size difference in consideration, these earbuds are a delight.Read more reviews at Amazon.com.
11. Amazfit Powerbuds
- Precise Heart Rate Monitoring During Exercise with PPG Sensor, Real-Time Notifications for Workout Status and Excessive Heart Rate Data.
- Magnetic Sport Ear Hooks for Increased Stability, Easy to Remove and to Store.
- 8 Hours Battery Life on a Single Charge and 24 Hours with the Charging Case.
- Professional Sports Sound System Bring.s Immersive and Dynamic Sound.
- ENC Dual-Microphone Noise Reduction for HD Calls..IP55 Water & Dust Resistance..Truly Wireless, Wear Sensors and Touch Function.
Amazfit Powerbuds is one of the most affordable sports headphones on the market. Besides the good price, they also offer heart rate monitoring functions that would be helpful during aerobic exercises. Magnetic ear hooks design is another feature that ensures security throughout the exercise. However; the audio quality cannot be compared with other expensive options. Overall, they have excellent value and decent quality.
- Battery life: 8 hours plus 24 hours with charging case
- Connection: true wireless / in-ear
- Water Resistance: IP55 water & dust resistance
Sample customer review…One thing I hate when I wear earbuds is not being able to hear my surroundings, and most earbuds will cut out a large amount of ambient sound due to it being in your ear.
I love that these power buds have audio pass-through, so you can have noise cancelling when you want to drown out the noise, but also hear your surroundings if you choose to.
The fit on these Power buds is also pretty good, they don’t feel like they’ll fall out (and I’ve tried). They’re also comfortable to the point that you almost forget that you’re eating than with the audio pass-through.
Have I mentioned I love the audio pass-through??
The sound quality is good. I thought that it was cool that the app has its own EQ.
The battery case also holds the ear hooks, which I haven’t had to use yet. I did test it though, and it grabs on really well. The fit is tight enough for me not to need them, however.
For the money, I think these are a solid set of earbuds. Looking forward to many more hours of music and audiobooks with these!Read more reviews at Amazon.com.
12. Sennheiser CX Sport
- Sennheiser proprietary transducers, designed and engineered in Germany, deliver balanced and detailed sound with dynamic bass capability
- Sweat and splash resistant, designed to compliment your workout activities
- 6 hour battery life from a 1.5 hours charge. A 10 minute quick charge provides an additional 1 hour of battery life making sure the CX SPORT is ready to work out when you are
- Bluetooth 4.2 with multi point connectivity allows pairing with eight (8) devices and simultaneous connection with two (2) devices
- A choice of four sizes (XS, S, M, L) of ear adapters and three sizes (S, M, L) of ear fins create a personalized fit for optimal wearing comfort and excellent passive reduction of external noise. Connectivity Technology: Bluetooth 4.2
Sennheiser CX Sport delivers balanced and detailed sound with dynamic bass capability that would offer great musical companions during your exercise. Although they are not true wireless, they are secure and they come with 4 different sizes of ear adapter. Even if most headphones don’t fit your ears, this might just be the one that does. Overall, this is a very good value of earbuds in terms of overall quality and price.
- Battery life: 6 hours
- Connection: wireless / in ear
- Water Resistance: Sweat and splash resistant
Sample customer review… I was recently in the need for a new pair of headphones while running. Sennheiser has been consistent with their durability and quality of sound. I was appreciative of the multiple sizes of rubber inserts and have no issues with fit or comfort when using the large size. The headphones stay in while running and lifting weights. I recommend using the clip that comes with them as they are slightly off balance between sides and the clip will mitigate the sway.Read more reviews at Amazon.com.
Buying Guide: What to look for when buying sports headphones?
Fit and Comfort
Nothing is more irritating than having to constantly adjust an earbud or headset in the middle of a workout or from just moving around which makes finding the right pair all the more special. The choices available can easily overwhelm a buyer. To help make the process a little easier focus on headphones that are lightweight and provide a secure fit in, over, or around the ear without chafing your neck or squeezing your head. Also take into consideration whether changeable earbuds are provided to ensure that you find the right fit for your ears.
While in the gym or out running, people want to be able to enjoy their audio without having to adjust the volume for every song. While sound quality may be related to the fit of the device, its okay to expect the bass to not drown out the vocals or to not wince when a high note is hit. We have become accustomed to sacrificing some aspects to gain in others, but headphones were made to hear and what good are new headphones if you cannot hear a favorite song and become surprised by the new vocals or instruments that “suddenly” pop up.
Picking a pair of headphones that can allow you to transition from hearing only your music to conversing with friends all without having to adjust volume or remove your headphones can make a world of a difference. No longer do you have to crank up your volume to ear-damaging levels to tune out overly enthusiastic gym buffs or settle for your favorite songs whispered back to you to avoid being surprised while out on a run.
With all the advances made in audio technology, we look forward to having our devices in one room and our headphones in another and still be able to hear our audio without the previous hassle of disconnected wired headphones. The larger the range of connection, the easier it is for you to continue on with your activities without dragging your device around to stay connected to the audio. Another thing to look at is how rapidly the headphones connect to your devices.
Sweat- and Waterproof
Name an individual that does not sweat when exercising. I’ll wait. It’s impossible to not sweat when working out and you do not want your headphones damaged because of some moisture. Make sure they have some resistance to sweat and rain so that you can continue your workout with ease.
The list above provides 12 best sports headphone options for the gym environment and both indoor and outdoor exercises. Navigating many headphone choices can be challenging, especially if you are not an expert on the specs. At the end of the day, it is the most important to choose what you like and buy whatever suits your style and comfort.
Hopefully, this article is helpful for you and you learned something new with these comparisons. Most headphones on this list are sweatproof, have a long battery life with a secure fit for your ears. We make sure to keep the selections up to date, so you know the best to get at the current market.
- Best Headphones for Peloton Bikes
- Best Wireless Headphones For Running
- Best Waterproof Wireless Headphones
- Best Wireless Headphones for Cycling
- Best Sports Headphone
- Best Long Range Headphones
- Beats Solo 3 Wireless
- Best DJ Headphones
- Best Wireless Earbuds for Small Ears
- Best Bluetooth Headphones
- Best Headphone Brands
- Best Bose Wireless Headphones
Written By Tsaiyen Hu and Hafsa Sharafat